Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» HARRY POTTER FORUM
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm by Silver

» pandemic
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm by Guest

» free slot downloadable games
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am by Guest

» health benefits of vitamins
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:02 pm by Guest

» гинекологические учреждения
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 pm by Guest

» частные гинекологические кабинеты
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:02 pm by Guest

» гинекология симптомы
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:12 am by Guest

» Benji Georgia State Patrol Drugs
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 am by Guest

» How many brothers and sisters do you have?
 The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
The scope and ambition of Babel is to be applauded

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 am by maggie901

All three stories are linked both by circumstance and theme to create a unifying motif. Inarritu's penchant for playing with time and jumping between the storylines has the effect of breaking tension rather than increasing it. Where Babel does succeed is showing how inadvertent actions can have devastating effects.

Pitt is admirably unglamorous as the distraught Richard, who frantically tries …

Comments: 0

moderator applications

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:23 pm by Lisa

We are always welcome to have new moderators.

If you would like to be a mini moderator, please:
PM me (or post here) the fact that you would like to be a mini mod. Give me a full explanation on why you think you will be a good choice. Also tell me what you will do once you are a mini mod.
You have to: have less than 3 warnings.
have been on this forum for at least a week.

Comments: 11

FAQ's

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 pm by Lisa

FAQ that is not in the official FAQ's (if you know what I mean)

Q. Why are some people's names coloured pink? Can I have my name coloured too?
A. Our names are coloured so you can recognize the moderators. The administrators are pink, the mini mids green and the global moderators are coloured blue. To see if you can have your name coloured, well ... read the next question.

Q. Can I be a …

The new playlist!!

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 am by Lisa

We have a new playlist!
As you can see, we have one in our Home page.
If you would like me to add a certain song, please PM me!
Only 2 song requests per person.

The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects

Go down

The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects Empty The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects

Post by maggie901 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

Writer-director Alejandro Amenabar has assembled a chiller that's thoroughly engrossing without ever grossing us out, and he's gotten an intense, masterfully modulated performance from Kidman that easily ranks among her finest. Nicole Kidman's brilliant turn is at the center of this sumptuously made supernatural thriller that builds and sustains creepy tension without ever relying on gory violence or special effects. Unlike most films about the supernatural, this spellbinding psychological thriller creates suspense through character-development and atmosphere, not by relying on creepy special effects.
The Others, like its popular predecessors The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects, keeps us (here, literally) in the dark for the entire movie and then, just before everyone packs up to leave, throws a shocking curve our way making us rethink everything we Like a stranger following in the blackness of twilight, The Others creeps up on an audience when they least expect it and leaves them breathless and dreading. It's a throwback to psychological terror films of yesteryear. Bumpy at first, with a few too many clichйs and an awful lot of doors opening and closing. But by its final image -- a beautifully fading portrait through a window -- I was swept in.

cheap dvd box sets, discount dvd boxed sets Excellent service and DVD Box Sets at dvdboxroom, for a best online shop, enjoy safe and fast DVD Box Sets delivery,
Merlin Season 3 DVD Boxset
Pushing Daisies Seasons 1-2 DVD Boxset

maggie901

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum