Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» HARRY POTTER FORUM
The Founders! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 pm by Silver

» pandemic
The Founders! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm by Guest

» free slot downloadable games
The Founders! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am by Guest

» health benefits of vitamins
The Founders! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:02 pm by Guest

» ãèíåêîëîãè÷åñêèå ó÷ðåæäåíèÿ
The Founders! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:38 pm by Guest

» ÷àñòíûå ãèíåêîëîãè÷åñêèå êàáèíåòû
The Founders! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:02 pm by Guest

» ãèíåêîëîãèÿ ñèìïòîìû
The Founders! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:12 am by Guest

» Benji Georgia State Patrol Drugs
The Founders! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 am by Guest

» How many brothers and sisters do you have?
The Founders! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 am by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
The scope and ambition of Babel is to be applauded

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 am by maggie901

All three stories are linked both by circumstance and theme to create a unifying motif. Inarritu's penchant for playing with time and jumping between the storylines has the effect of breaking tension rather than increasing it. Where Babel does succeed is showing how inadvertent actions can have devastating effects.

Pitt is admirably unglamorous as the distraught Richard, who frantically tries …

Comments: 0

moderator applications

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:23 pm by Lisa

We are always welcome to have new moderators.

If you would like to be a mini moderator, please:
PM me (or post here) the fact that you would like to be a mini mod. Give me a full explanation on why you think you will be a good choice. Also tell me what you will do once you are a mini mod.
You have to: have less than 3 warnings.
have been on this forum for at least a week.

Comments: 11

FAQ's

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 pm by Lisa

FAQ that is not in the official FAQ's (if you know what I mean)

Q. Why are some people's names coloured pink? Can I have my name coloured too?
A. Our names are coloured so you can recognize the moderators. The administrators are pink, the mini mids green and the global moderators are coloured blue. To see if you can have your name coloured, well ... read the next question.

Q. Can I be a …

The new playlist!!

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 am by Lisa

We have a new playlist!
As you can see, we have one in our Home page.
If you would like me to add a certain song, please PM me!
Only 2 song requests per person.

The Founders!

4 posters

Go down

The Founders! Empty The Founders!

Post by Nixie Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 am

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was founded 1000 years ago by the most powerful witches and wizards of the age.
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflefuff
Rowina Ravenclaw
Salazar Slytherin.

This is a topic to discuss the 4 founders of Hogwarts.

Godric Gryffindor...

The Founders! 200px-Gryffindor
Godric Gryffindor came from a moor that is now known as Godric's Hollow, a small west country village. Gryffindor is said to have praised courage, determination and strength of heart above all other qualities. Indeed, he selected students for his house based upon their daring and bravery, according to the Sorting Hat. He also was the most in favour of allowing Muggle-borns into the school. He was initially a close friend of Salazar Slytherin, but over time, their friendship deteriorated; though never stated, it is likely that the two's contrasting beliefs and intentions regarding Muggle-borns may have been part of the reason for the split.
His known relics are a goblin-made sword (the Goblins claim that Godric stole it from them), adorned with rubies, and the Sorting Hat. The two items share a particular bond; whenever a "true Gryffindor" needs it, the Sword will allow itself to be pulled out of the hat.

The Founders! Hufflepuff

Helga Hufflepuff came from a broad valley. She favoured loyalty, honesty, fair play, and hard work. Members of her house usually display at least one of these traits in varying degrees: Cedric Diggory, deceased Triwizard contestant, was one of the students who appears to embody all four.
The Sorting Hat further describes her as "good Hufflepuff" or "sweet Hufflepuff". She does not appear to have applied particularly strict standards of selection to her house. Although in Goblet of Fire, she is stated as having considered “hard workers most worthy of admission,” she is elsewhere described as taking “all the rest” of the students after selection by her colleagues, and is quoted by the Sorting Hat as having said, “I’ll teach the lot, and treat them just the same.” This sets her apart from the other Founders, by making her an egalitarian.

The Founders! Ravenclaw

Rowena Ravenclaw[9] was a witch noted for her cleverness and creativity, and was described by Xenophilius Lovegood as "beautiful." The Sorting Hat introduced her as “Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,” suggesting she was from Scotland. She was a good friend of Helga Hufflepuff; their friendship is used to emphasise the failed friendship between Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin. Ravenclaw devised the ever-changing floor plans and moving staircases in the Hogwarts castle, and coined the proverb "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
Ravenclaw is described by the Sorting Hat as having selected students according to intelligence and wisdom. Ravenclaw House thus values in its members a sharp mind, wisdom, creativity, and cleverness for its own sake, and thus, rather than asking for a password from her members to get to the dormitories, a bronze eagle knocker asks them a riddle-like question which, if answered incorrectly, would force the student to wait until another could answer the question correctly, allowing the failed student to learn.

The Founders! Slytherin

Salazar Slytherin is described as "power hungry" by the Sorting Hat, and was known as "shrewd Slytherin from fen". The Fens of eastern England are marshlands around Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and adjoining counties, although it is not established that Slytherin actually came from that particular region. Slytherin is the only founder whose physical appearance was ever described in any detail; his statue in the Chamber of Secrets depicts a man "ancient and monkey-like, with a long thin beard that fell almost to the bottom of his sweeping robes."
Slytherin was a Parselmouth, a wizard with the rare ability to speak with snakes. Like Rowena Ravenclaw and Godric Gryffindor, Slytherin appears to have carefully selected members of his House. According to Albus Dumbledore, the qualities which Slytherin prized in his "handpicked students" included resourcefulness and determination. He also selected his students according to cunning, ambition, and blood purity.

According to ancient legend, Slytherin was responsible for the construction of the Chamber of Secrets, the home of a magically created basilisk. This snake was known to be susceptible to control by his Parselmouth descendants, and thus left it there to purge the school of all Muggle-borns. This occurred shortly before infighting among the four founders broke out and resulted in Slytherin's departure

Information from www.wikipedia.org
Nixie
Nixie

Female
Number of posts : 175
Job/hobbies : Jewellert designer and maker
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

The Founders! Empty Sumary of the four founders

Post by amethesia Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 am

Well done Phoenix! very well informed, though rather irrelevant you could also mention that Rowena Ravenclaw had a daughter, the only child mentioned of the four founders, and that it was the grey lady. The quality of your article is such that I am confused as to whether or not I would put you in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff as you show a lot of those qualities. what about me?

amethesia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

The Founders! Empty Re: The Founders!

Post by Nixie Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm

You're right, she is the only one to mensioned as a parent. But judt think Salazar Slythrin must of had childrenElse Voldemort and Harry would not exist. (see Harry potters Family Tree
Nixie
Nixie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm

I can not say at the minute. Post some more and then i'll give you an insight... lol. But off the bat i am going to say Hufflepuff.
Nixie
Nixie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:08 am

That's really good!
And no offence or anything, but did you copy that off Wikipedia?
Lisa
Lisa

Female
Number of posts : 176
Job/hobbies : Future dancer ... how long do I have to wait?
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://www.miniunionjack.piczo.com/?cr=7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I did put a link thing to Wiki.. I just chose bits...
Nixie
Nixie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:58 pm

OK
Lisa
Lisa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 am

I only wanted to show a little of the information. If people want to know more they can go to Wiki and read the full thing!
Nixie
Nixie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:55 am

Yeah, thahks. And sorry.
Lisa
Lisa

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by holly Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:30 am

go godric! WOO!

holly

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down